Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Slow-Cooker Chicken Thighs with Potatoes & Carrots

This was very easy and a very hearty, healthy evening meal.  I found the recipe at MyRecipes.com.  Enjoy!

Ingredients:
-1 onion, coarsely chopped
-4 or 5 potatoes, cut into 1 inch cubes
-5 or 6 carrots, sliced in about 1 inch pieces {I didn't peel the carrots, I just washed them well}
-1/2 cup water {or 1/4 cup chicken broth & 1/4 cup dry white wine}
-3/4 tsp garlic powder
-1/2 tsp dried thyme
-1 1/4 tsp salt, divided
-1/2 tsp pepper, divided
-1 tsp paprika
-6 to 8 chicken thighs

Process:
1. Place onion in the bottom of the crock-pot.
2. Place potatoes over the onions.
3. Top potatoes with carrots.
4. Season vegetables with 3/4 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper.
5. Pour water/broth & wine over vegetables and sprinkle with garlic powder.
6. Sprinkle thyme over vegetables.
7. Remove the skin and any extra fat from the chicken thighs {I found my kitchen shears are great help when doing this}.
8. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp pepper and paprika over chicken thighs.
9. Place seasoned chicken thighs over vegetables.
10. Cook covered on high for 1 hour, then reduce heat to low and cook for an additional 6-7 hours. {If you want to cook it faster just leave it on high longer before turning it down; I left mine on high for 3 hours and then on low for about 3 hours.}
 11. Enjoy!  Its a very hearty, healthy easy meal!

Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

  1. So let me just start by saying, im cooking in the slow cooker forthe first time ever. Not a chef or even a decent cookbut thisseems simple. I placed the items inside as directed. Im gonna leave it on high for about 3 hours and then another 3.5 hours on low. Thanks for the post. I disnt know what to make for my mother today and all we had was the chicken thighs a few large potatoes and some carrots... the only thing we didnt have was the wine and chicken broth... its been an hour and the house smells awesome!!! Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great, I think you'll become a crockpot cooking fan. Its so easy and always turns out great. I have lots more crockpot recipes you could check out! Enjoy!

      Delete

I love hearing what you have to say; let me know what you think. I look forward to comments and will reply to your comments or questions! Thanks for checking out my blog; come back to visit soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...