Sunday, December 23, 2012

Peppermint Martini Jello Shots

I thought this sounded worth trying, although Tablespoon where I found the recipe had very mixed reviews.

It is recommended that you use a glass loaf or 8 x 6 inch pan/baking dish.

Ingredients:
-2/3 cup water
-1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk {many people that wrote review on Tablespoon thought this may have caused a weird constancy issue; I think next time I'll try vanilla or peppermint coffee creamer in it's place!}
-2 envelopes plain gelatin
-3/4 cup vanilla vodka
-2 tbsp white creme de cacao
-3 tbsp peppermint schnapps {or up to 4 tbsp, to taste}
-crushed peppermint candies or candy canes, optional

Process:
1. Pour water into a small saucepan; sprinkle gelatin over water and allow to soak for about 2 minutes.
2. Over very low heat, stir constantly until gelatin is dissolved, about 5 minutes.
3. Stir in sweetened condensed milk or creamer.
4. Remove from heat and add vodka, creme de cocoa and schnapps.
5. Stir well to incorporate.
6. Pour into pan and refrigerate until fully set, several hours or over-night.
7. To serve, cut into 1 inch squares; garnish with crushed peppermints just before serving.
8. Enjoy!

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say; let me know what you think. I look forward to comments and will reply to your comments or questions! Thanks for checking out my blog; come back to visit soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...