Monday, October 1, 2012

Molasses-Glazed Baby Back Ribs

Molasses-Glazed Baby Back Ribs Recipe
These are AWESOME!  I found the original recipe in the June/July 2012 issue of Taste of Home magazine; it can also be found on their website here.

I changed the process of the recipe to make it easier and more convenient for me.  

I think you could grill the ribs a least a day ahead of time if you wanted.  This would make them a great meal for even a week night; grill ribs on the weekend and place them in the crock-pot with the sauce and start on low heat one morning before you leave the house.  Come home and enjoy in the evening!

Ingredients for Marinating Ribs:
-4 1/2 lbs. ribs {I think pork or beef ribs would be great for this recipe}
-2 liters cola

Ingredients for Sauce:
-1 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp pepper
-1/4 tsp garlic salt
-1/4 tsp dried oregano
-1/4 tsp onion powder
-1/2 tsp cayenne pepper {I used chipotle chile powder}
-1/4 cup ketchup
-1/4 cup honey
-1/4 cup molasses
-1 tbsp prepared mustard

My Process:
1. In a large resealable bag combine ribs and cola.  Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate ribs in cola for at least 8 hours or overnight.
2. Heat grill; meanwhile drain cola from ribs and discard cola.
3. Place ribs on hot grill and cook and turn getting a good char/caramelization on all sides; remove from grill (you don't have to worry about cooking the ribs to the needed temperature/doneness because they'll finish cooking in the crock-pot).
4. Place grilled ribs into the crock-pot.
5. Mix all of the sauce ingredients in a medium bowl and pour over ribs.
6. Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours.
7. Enjoy!
Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

  1. I am making Ribs for dinner tonight and I thought of your blog instantly. I searched on your blog for RIBS and I am very anxious to make this recipe tonight. I usually use a rib rub, which tastes great, but we all need variety. I'm going to do it the Jackie way today. Thanks for sharing girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Hope you guys enjoyed! I should make these again soon! :D

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you have to say; let me know what you think. I look forward to comments and will reply to your comments or questions! Thanks for checking out my blog; come back to visit soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...