Awesome! This is a recipe from America's Test Kitchen/Cook's Country; and since they test all of their recipes until they find the best way to prepare them, you know its good!
Best served with a salad and garlic toast or bread sticks. Yum!
-9 garlic cloves, 5 minced and 4 smashed (1 tsp equals about 1 clove, if you want to use the garlic from a jar or a tube)
-1 lb. large shrimp (about 21-25), peeled, deveined and cut into 3 pieces each (I used salad shrimp because that's what I had in the freezer, when I make this again I'll definitely use large shrimp.)
-3 tbsp olive oil
-1/4-1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
-1 lb. pasta
-2 tsp flour
-1/2 cup dry vermouth or white wine
-3/4 cup clam juice
-1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
-3 tbsp butter
-1 tsp lemon juice, plus 1 lemon cut into wedges
-ground black pepper
1. Toss 2 tsp minced garlic, shrimp, 1 tsp oil and 1/4 tsp salt in a medium bowl. Let marinate at room temperature for 20 minutes.
2. Heat the 4 smashed garlic cloves and remaining 2 tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until garlic is light golden brown, about 4-7 minutes.
3. Remove skillet from heat and use a slotted spoon to remove the garlic cloves; discard the garlic. Set aside.
4. Bring water to boil in a large pot over high heat. Add 1 tbsp salt and pasta. Cook pasta until al dente, drain pasta (reserving 1/4 cup of pasta's cooking water), transfer pasta back to pot.
5. While pasta cooks, return skillet with oil to medium heat, add shrimp with marinade. Cook shrimp until oil starts to bubble gently, about 1-2 minutes. Stir shrimp and continue to cook 1 minute longer.
6. Use a slotted spoon to transfer shrimp to a medium bowl. Add remaining 3 tsp minced garlic and pepper flakes to skillet and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
7. Add flour and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute, stir in vermouth and cook for 1 minute.
8. Add clam juice and parsley, cook until mixture starts to thicken, 1-2 minutes.
9. Remove from heat, whisk in butter and lemon juice.
10. Add shrimp and sauce to pasta, adding reserved pasta cooking water if sauce is too thick.
11. Season with black pepper.
12. Serve with lemon wedges.