Thursday, September 20, 2012

Cinnamon Glazed Apples

This recipe is from my Taste of Home, Everyday Slow Cooker & One Pot Dish Recipes 2010.  

I've made it a couple times and this time I doubled the recipe using 12 apples and still there was only enough leftovers for my husband and son to take for dessert the following day.  

Needless to say its delicious and won't last long!
Ingredients:
-12 large tart apples (I used granny smith and pink lady apples.)
-4 tbsp lemon juice
-1 cup brown sugar
-1 cup sugar
-4 tbsp flour
-2 tsp ground cinnamon
-1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
-6 tbsp melted butter (The original recipe calls for twice the butter, but I found that you really only need half of it.)

Process:

1. Peel, core and slice all apples into wedges.  Place in crock pot.
2. Drizzle apples with lemon juice.
3. Combine sugars, flour, cinnamon and nutmeg.
 4. Sprinkle the sugar mixture over the apples.
 5. Drizzle butter over the sugar mixture.  Do not mix.
6. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours.
7. Serve warm on its own or with vanilla ice cream or vanilla yogurt.
8. Enjoy!

Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say; let me know what you think. I look forward to comments and will reply to your comments or questions! Thanks for checking out my blog; come back to visit soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...